domingo, 5 de agosto de 2018

Nostalgia

Hello again,

Este poema lo escribí en honor a Luis Humberto Benavidez, un gran académico que nos abandonó esta semana y a quien quiero agradecer por lo aprendido.



Nostalgia,
That's what it feels like,
Nostalgia of the inhabited spaces,
Nostalgia of the house where I was,
Nostalgia of the city I lived in.
They also feel nostalgic while they remember and mourn me.
And I hold onto nostalgia, knowing I will vanish with the wind if they forget me.
When I die, I will feel the breeze of nostalgia and the leaves will lead me to my resting place,
At last I will rest, longing for those left behind that now will forever miss me,
I will rest longing for the moment when I join them again in another place, or the same place.
I will rest, far from the pain and sorrow that dragged me away.
May those that were around me remember me,
in the places I inhabited,
in the house where I roamed,
in the city that saw me, so my presence remains only among those who saw me flourish.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario